Pedestrian accidents happen too frequently and unfortunately many times they do not receive adequate compensations for their injuries.Georgia law states that drivers must exercise caution and care to avoid colliding with any pedestrian on the road; drivers must also warn pedestrians by sounding their horns when necessary.According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there is a pedestrian injury every 7 minutes in the United States.
Typical Causes of Pedestrian Accidents:
- Negligent or careless driving
- Reckless driving – running stop lights or signals
- Drunk driving
- Pedestrians walking or riding a bicycle against traffic signals
- Children or teenagers playing, biking or skateboarding on/or near roads
- Motorists struck while making repairs or changing a tire near roadways
Every driver has the responsibility to remain alert and cautious when on the road at all times. Unfortunately, accidents may occur and pedestrians are left to pay the price. When it comes to car accidents, pedestrians always lose. A pedestrian accident lawyer can help you bring that driver to justice and provide damages for any injury you might have sustained.
Take precautionary measures whenever you are a pedestrian by:
- Using sidewalks when available.
- Avoid wearing dark clothing or wear reflective gear especially at night.
- Use well lit streets and intersections when crossing.
- Assume drivers do not see you and give the vehicle space.
If you are a pedestrian who was injured in an accident, an Atlanta personal injury lawyer can help you seek damages for your injuries. Contact an Atlanta pedestrian accident lawyer today to schedule a consultation to receive the compensation you deserve.