Even though Halloween is one of the favorite holidays for most children, it is also the most hazardous according to statistics. For any injury that comes about you will definitely require the assistance of an experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney. Here are a few precautions that can help you protect yourself and your child:
- Use flameless candles or keep burning candles away from doors, sidewalks, and landings where a costume can catch the flames.
- Remove obstacles from lawns, sidewalks, and steps
- Don’t overload extension cords or use worn lights
- Add reflective tags to costumes
- Make sure the child can see adequately if using a mask – face-painting is preferable
- Children and adults should carry flashlights
- Provide sealed, wrapped treats – homemade treats are a risk
- Examine treats for evidence of tampering
- Toys should be examined for small, loose parts.
Remember, too, that Halloween is one of the holidays in which many children are injured by distracted and careless drivers. Failure to observe these precautions can lead to personal injury issues.
Find a Personal Injury Attorney Atlanta Residents Trust
Consult with an Atlanta personal injury attorney to discuss the circumstances if you or your child should be injured in this injury-fraught holiday. Contact our law firm online or call us directly at (404) 542-3600 and schedule your free consultation today.